My Plot

Plot 46, Burnside Allotments, Cambridge



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweetcorn envy

This is Chris's second plot - It is always immaculate, his crops always appear to grow bigger than anyone else and I am on a mission to discover his secrets.......
This is his first plot from the greenhouse up towards the strawberry bed....
This is his strawberry bed & his greenhouse beyond - which is already producing good sized cucumbers.
And this is his sweetcorn - and it's massive, about 5 times the size of mine. He must feed it on rocket fuel! it is far more advanced than anyone's on the site.
Mmmmm.....undercover operations are required here I think!

8 comments:

RobD said...

Is Chris retired? That's usually the secret ;>) My neighbour had some great sweetcorn plants last year and I was complementing him on them when he pointed out they looked great but the corn never filled out on the cobs despite plenty of watering.

It's on my list of things I don't both with though as whenever I've tried it the squirrels always eat it

Martin and Amy said...

Wow!

What lovely, well tended to plots.

Martin :)

Emma Kitteridge said...

Rob - I think Chris might be retired, but I know that he still does some work part time - maybe I should retire? Don't think my husband would be in agreement!

Martin - Yes his plots are always imaculate - the others on the site aren't quite up to his standards!

Paul and Melanie said...

Wow, what a great looking plot! We've got a couple like that on our site, most run by retired guys who clearly spend a lot of time up there. There's another plot tho run by, I think, a couple of guys in their early 40's and it's amazing. No idea how they find the time but it's very impressive. :)

Lucie said...

What a lovely plot! I wish I had space to have one like that!

Lucky Seven said...

Hmmmmm I wonder what the secrets are too >

sysprousa said...

Hi,

I'm interested in possibly doing some advertising on your blog. Can you please email me at: vanessareed@boamail.com.

Thanks!

Van

Sophie said...

Haha, you will really need to ask short of installing surveillance cameras. I hope you have discovered his secrets for your garden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...